Play Online Roulette
Roulette dates back to the 18th century and is a popular casino games option that is often depicted in the movies due to its glamour, mystery and excitement that it invokes. Its popularity also stems from the fact that it has simple rules and is easy to understand. However, don’t be mistaken. Roulette has some depth based on the variation of the game you choose to play.
First things first
Roulette means “little wheel” in French and just as the name suggests, it’s a wheel that has numbered pockets ranging from 0 to 36 making it a total of 37 numbers and is the most popular table games variation in the world. It originated from France and although it’s mostly based on luck, you have control over which number to place your bet. Beside the wheel, is a table that also has the same sequenced numbers in different slots, coloured in black or red, grouped in even and odd numbers, placed in one of the 3 rows, and grouped between numbers 1-18 or 19-36.
You can place bets that correlate with the slots as you spin the wheel and hope that little ivory ball will land in numbers you have selected. There are so many bets you can place on Roulette with various paying odds. The ball spins clockwise while the wheel spins in the opposite direction after which the wheel stops and the ball falls in one of the 37 slots.
What are Hot and Cold numbers?
Thanks to the technology used at Casino La Vida, you will know the most drawn numbers (Hot) or the least selected (Cold) numbers that you have chosen since you started playing the game. The ability to get the game statistics for each of the times you have played can help you to increase your odds and thereby win big.
How to play Online Roulette
The main objective of playing this game is to guess the number the ball will land on and place your bet – that’s it!
- Select the number of chips you would like to wager and place your bet.
- Click Spin and the wheel will rotate.
- If the ball stops in a pocket that you have selected, the amount you have won is displayed in the Win box.
- You can choose to respin the wheel again using the same choice of number or by selecting new numbers.
Types of Roulette
The three main types of games including:
- American Roulette: It offers a double 0 on the table meaning you can have an extra number to bet on. This means that the house edge (house advantage) also increases.
- European Roulette: It is mostly played at land-based casinos and the house edge is smaller compared to the American roulette.
- French Roulette: It is best to play from a player’s perspective and is very similar to the European version. It has the La Partage (the divide) rule whereby if the ball lands on zero, all the even money bets are divided by two and half of it is returned to the players account automatically.
Want more table games fun? Try your hand at blackjack, baccarat or even craps today!