This casino games favourite of chance requires little skill or strategy, and is mostly a game of luck and enjoyment.
The Aim of the Game
You are required to engage in a teeny bit of fortune telling in baccarat, as you have to predict whose hand, yours or the bankers, will equal (or be closest to) 9.
The Three Ways It Can Go
- You bet on the player’s hand: You will win if the player’s hand is greater than the banker’s hand
- You bet on the banker’s hand: You will win if the banker’s hand is greater than the player’s hand
- You bet on the outcome of a tie: If the game results in a tie, you will win
- Face cards: these cards are valued at 10, which essentially means that they have no value – this is because any card that contains a double digit will automatically drop the left digit. As such, Face cards are valued at 0.
- Cards below 10: these cards are counted at their face value.
- Aces: these cards are valued at 1.
Baccarat tips For beginners
While you’re aware that baccarat is a game of luck, there are still a few things that you can do to improve your chances and ensure that you have the most successful and enjoyable game possible:
Be cognisant of your betting options
Avoid betting on a tie, as this outcome is incredibly rare.
Start off betting in small amounts
If you start to do well, you can increase your bet amounts gradually, but it’s always wisest to start off small until you get a general feel for the game.
The rules of engagement
- A standard deck of 52 playing cards is used in baccarat.
- Your bets must be placed before the cards are dealt.
- You must predict which hand will reach a total of (or be closest to) 9.
- You and the banker will each receive two cards.
- You will stand if your first two hands equal 6 or more.
- You will draw if your cards equal 5 or less.
That’s pretty much all that there is to it. Baccarat is simple, fun and can be incredibly rewarding. Try it out now!